Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Basic Idea


I have pop up an idea about a smart phone application based on social network such as facebook , twitter, etc. Here's the briefly description of the application. The key word is "chat room". It is not like the chat room based on a website , as my idea , it's a dynamic chat room which can be built or dismiss in real time. The initial idea is let people do "check in"s to share their location information. So in a certain range they will know how many people and who is near them. Then this application will start work , it will build up a "chat room" for people within this certain range. This "chat room" will have several formats. It can be built up by people who didn't know each other or just between friend or certain people. Users can do "invite" to invite someone to set or join a "chat room", or they can build a public "chat room" with a certain title on it , like title of "party on Friday night". With this kind of public "chat room" it will have some limitations of authority, it can be opening for every body , or setting a password for certain people, or sending request to the holder of the "chat room" to get the permission into it. After get into the "chat room" it should be real time messages from people in this room. Every body can send messages to people in this room with their name or pick up the text color they like to distinguish from others. And all the chat things can be done by only text on their own phone, so they can chat with people whenever and wherever they want if there have enough users of this application.
This is just the initial idea , but there's some problems if I want build up this kind of application, the first problem is where I will store the message data and how people can get the message from others if only one of them send the message? (forward?) I think if I want this application come true, I need a web server which I don't have right now , because I am an international student I only have a laptop and can't run it for 24 hours. Also I think this is very hard for me if I do it by myself , in case of I do not know any other classmates in this class. If you think this is a good idea for a project can you be kindly forward it to the class to see if anyone interested in it, so we can do the project together. If you think this idea is not good , feel free to tell me and I will try to think about another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment